[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][IceHouse] Ceilometer + Kibana + ElasticSearch Integration

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Sep 16 08:36:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13 2013, Nachi Ueno wrote:

Hi Nachi,

That looks like a good idea, thanks for submitting.

> [1] We should add elastic search query api for ceilometer? or we
> should let user kick ElasticSearch api directory?
>
> Note that ElasticSearch has no tenant based authentication, in that
> case we need to integrate Keystone and ElasticSearch. (or Horizon)

This should provide data retrieval too, otherwise it has much less
interest.

> [2] Log (syslog or any application log) should be stored in
> Ceilometer? (or it should be new OpenStack project? )

Ceilometer already has on the roadmap events/notifications storage, ES
would really fit here I think. As I've some plan to use the notification
system as a logging back-end, that would probably cover part of this.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker / independent consultant