[openstack-dev] Cookiecutter repo for ease in making new projects

Jay Buffington me at jaybuff.com
Fri Sep 13 21:49:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:

> And boom, you'll have a directory all set up with your new project

Awesome.  I tried it and ran into a couple of small issues.  I don't see a
launchpad yet, so I'm not sure where to report bugs.

Something is stripping all the new lines at EOF, so flake8 fails.  Also,
this
is annoying because vim's default is to add one when it doesn't exist.

Also, foo/test/__init__.py needs to call super(TestCase, self).setUp()
otherwise you get an error that is something like this when you run tox:

    ValueError: TestCase.setUp was not called. Have you upcalled all the
    way up the hierarchy from your setUp? e.g. Call
    super(TestFoo, self).setUp() from your setUp().