[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Generalize config file settings

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 16:32:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:10 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> I like option a, though I'm not sure we need the full system path in the
> conf.d (that's pretty minor though).

That was to avoid making assumptions about target files or encoding paths
in filenames.  It really needs to recognize XXX_CONF_DIR settings too.

> Because inevitably people ask for copies of other folks configs to
> duplicate things, and a single file is easier to pass around than a tree.
> But that would mean a unique parser to handle the top level stanza.

That is a great point and one I did not have in mind.  One possibility
would be to include localrc in this mega-file and the _very_ first step
would be to extract it if localrc doesn't already exist and run from there.
I want to support the conf.d-style also because that is useful for outside
projects to drop in what they require for changing included project
configs; these would not necessarily be user-modifiable.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com