[openstack-dev] Nova FFE request for get scheduler hints API

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 03:02:59 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 09:39 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Day, Phil wrote:
>> [...]
>> The change is low risk in that it only adds a new query path to the
>> scheduler, and does not alter any existing code paths.
>> [...]
>
> At this point the main issue with this is the distraction it would
> generate (it still needs a bit of review to clear the last comments) as
> well as add to the docs and test work. I fail to see how including this
> is essential to the success of the Havana release, so the trade-off
> doesn't look worth it to me.
>
> I'm happy to be overruled by Russell if he thinks that extra feature is
> worth the limited disruption it would cause.

I like this feature and I really do want it to go in, but I have the
same concern.  We don't have *that* much time to produce the RC1 bug
list and get everything fixed.  I think we need to place the bar really
high at this point for any further distractions from that.  Hopefully we
can get this in early in Icehouse, at least.

--
Russell Bryant