[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Correct way to disable specific event collection by the collector

Neal, Phil phil.neal at hp.com
Wed Sep 11 16:17:24 UTC 2013

Greetings team,
I'm working on getting a very streamlined set of collections running and I'd like to disable all notifications except Glance. It's clear that the desired event types are defined in the plugins, but I can't seem to work out how to force the collector service to load only specific handlers in the "ceilometer.collector" namespace. I *thought* it could be accomplished by editing /ceilometer/setup.cfg, but removing the entry points there didn't seem to work (the extensions manager still picks them up).

Can someone give me a rough idea of how to do this?

- Phil