[openstack-dev] [Heat] How the autoscale API should control scaling in Heat

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Sep 11 14:59:08 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Joshua Harlow's message of 2013-09-11 01:00:37 -0700:
> +1
>
> The assertions are not just applicable to autoscaling but to software in general. I hope we can make autoscaling "just enough" simple to work.
>
> The circular heat<=>trove example is one of those that does worry me a little. It feels like something is not structured right if that it is needed (rube goldberg like). I am not sure what could be done differently, just my gut feeling that something is "off".

Joshua, can you elaborate on "the circular heat<=>trove example"?

I don't see Heat and Trove's relationship as circular. Heat has a Trove
resource, and (soon? now?) Trove can use Heat to simplify its control
of underlying systems. This is a stack, not a circle, or did I miss
something?