[openstack-dev] [Horizon] django_openstack_auth

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Tue Sep 10 12:36:39 UTC 2013

Hi Daisy,

"Ying Chun Guo" <guoyingc at cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> I noticed Horizon has dependency to the binary code of
> django_openstack_auth.
> When I want to enable I18n of Horizon, I also need to enable the I18n of
> django_openstack_auth ?
> The po files of django_openstack_auth were out of date. (only a small
> change)
>
> Do I need to add the translation resource of django_openstack_auth to
> Transifex?
> After our translators finish the translation, what else need we do?

django_openstack_auth contains the strings for the login page. Updating the strings should work the same way as it currently does for Horizon (manually), except with the different repository name. It would be great to also have them in Transifex.

https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/django_openstack_auth/tree/openstack_auth/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/django.po

The login page is displayed in the language that the browser is set to, so the browser language preferences may need to be adjusted depending on the language the translators want to test (e.g. in Firefox it's in Preferences -> Content -> Languages).

Regards,

Julie