[openstack-dev] [Nova] FFE Request: utilization aware scheduling

Nikola Đipanov ndipanov at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 11:07:49 UTC 2013

On 06/09/13 11:28, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Wang, Shane wrote:
>> Hi core developers and everyone,
>>
>> Please allow me to make an FFE request for adding utilization aware scheduling support in Havana.
>>
>> The blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/utilization-aware-scheduling.
>> [...]
>
> This is a bit in the same bucket as the hyper-v-rdp-console above...
> It's a significant feature but it's not critical to the success of the
> Havana integrated release (doesn't affect other projects), and it looks
> like it still needs a significant review effort before it can be merged.

There seems to be a pretty fundamental disagreement on the approach of
the first patch in the series, and it was stated several times[1] that
the issue needs consensus that we were hoping to reach on the summit or
on the ML and that it was too late in the H cycle to be proposing such
changes.

With this in mind (unless I am missing something, of course) I don't see
how we could suddenly decide to merge this. I don't think this is
related to code quality in any way, as Shane seems to imply in the first
message, but the lack of agreement on the approach.

Cheers,

Nikola

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/35759/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/38802/