[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Security groups with OVS instead of iptables?

Scott Devoid devoid at anl.gov
Tue Sep 3 17:29:55 UTC 2013

+1 for an answer to this.

The reference documentation suggests running Neutron OVS with a total of 6
software switches between the VM and public NAT addresses. [1]
What are the performances differences folks see with this configuration vs.
the 2 software switch configuration for linux bridge?

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-network/admin/content/under_the_hood_openvswitch.html#d6e1178