[openstack-dev] Re : welcoming new committers

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Oct 31 23:18:05 UTC 2013

On 10/31/2013 03:45 PM, Romain Hardouin wrote:
> Adding a message for new comers is a good idea.
> I am a new Horizon contributor, some of my fixes have been merged
> (thanks to Upstream University :-)

Indeed :) Can you share with us briefly what you found interesting in
the sessions of Upstream University? Which ones did you go to?

> and reviewers of course) but I still
> hesitate to do code review. To my mind, it is reserved to "known"
> developpers whose opinion matters...

Well, I think that anybody's opinion matters and you're not a new
OpenStack developer anymore. You have your own experience and your
reviews may definitely help somebody even newer than you to get his/her
patch refined before the more experienced developers get to it. I'm sure
your comments, even without a vote, would help. Chime in then :)

/stef