[openstack-dev] [qa] Duplicated test effort development

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 13:10:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:00:22PM +1030, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> <snip>
> > I don't think blueprints/bugs work so
> > well at this, and I don't think we have anything else setup at the
> moment,
> > so as a temporary measure I've created an etherpad here:
>
> Can I ask why?  Surely blueprints for new features (in this case the
> feature is test coverage for $api) are exactly what the normal openstack
> process dictates, and is what most folks are familiar with?

Just to be clear - Its not that I think that we shouldn't have blueprints
which covers the work being done (we should!), but they don't work so well
at allowing people to see a good summary of what test coverage for an API
we have (some of which may have been done a long time ago), what needs to
be done and the quite fine grained allocation of what people are working
on.

For example, see the tempest coverage for the Nova v2 API spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmYuZ6T4IJETdEVNTWlYVUVOWURmOERSZ0VGc1BBQWc#gid=0