[openstack-dev] Revisiting current column number limit in code

Ravi Kumar Pasumarthy ravikup at thoughtworks.com
Wed Oct 30 06:19:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

Looks like the current column limit for the code base is 80. Because of
this large space on the right hand side is not used. Please find the
attached pictures of couple of developer screens working on openstack
codebase.

Are there any thoughts to increase the current column limit to 120 atleast.

How does this help ? I can see more lines of code, it is easier on the
eyes. Some external monitors supports rotation, but for laptops we cannot
rotate.

So is it possible to revisit the column number limit ?

Thanks,
Ravi Kumar Pasumarthy
Lead Consultant

ThoughtWorks