[openstack-dev] Comments on Steve Baker's Proposal on HOT Software Config

Lakshminaraya Renganarayana lrengan at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 28 03:07:28 UTC 2013

Hello,

A few us at IBM studied Steve Baker's proposal on HOT Software
Configuration. Overall the proposed constructs and syntax are great -- we
really like the clean syntax and concise specification of components. We
would like to propose a few minor extensions that help with better
expression of dependencies among components and resources, and in-turn
enable cross-vm coordination. We have captured our thoughts on this on the
following Wiki page

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/Blueprints/hot-software-config-ibm-response

We would like to discuss these further ... please post your comments and
suggestions.

Thank you,
LN
Lakshminarayanan Renganarayana