[openstack-dev] Remove vim modelines?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 23:45:47 UTC 2013

Interesting Background Information:

Why do we have modelines?

Termie put them in all the files of the first version of nova

Why did he put in modelines instead of configuring his editor?

Termie does a lot of python coding and he prefers a tabstop of 2 on all his personal projects[1]

I really don't see much value outside of people who prefer other tabstops

+1 to remove them

Vish

[1] https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng/blob/master/git-bzr