[openstack-dev] extending nova boot

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Fri Oct 25 20:34:55 UTC 2013

Hi Drew,

Generally you need to create a new api extention and make some changes in the main servers.py

The scheduler-hints API extension does this kind of thing, so if you look at:  api/openstack/compute/contrib/scheduler_hints.py for how the extension is defined, and look  in api/poenstack/compute/servers.py code for "scheduler_hints"   (e.g. _extract_scheduler_hints()  ) then that should point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps,
Phil