[openstack-dev] openstack-dev][nova][neturon] NoopFirewallDriver lead nova boot/show/list failure.

Bence Romsics rubasov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:29:16 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

Instead of the new patch you may consider reverting an old one:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/23160/
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1124117

IMHO there's some confusion in bug #1124117 and in the patch in review
#23160 about how a noop driver is expected to work. I believe a noop driver
should look like it is present (in the list of available extensions), but
does nothing. The patch in review #23160 believes an other way and makes
the noop driver look like as if it wasn't even present. Which may lead to
your current bug.

Best regards,
Bence Romsics