[openstack-dev] [GIT] Reset a commit in Gerrit

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 20:43:26 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Edgar Magana <emagana at plumgrid.com> wrote:

> Floren,
>
> Just just need to send a patch to gerrit.
>
> From you local repo, do the necessary fixes and be sure everything is just
> as you want.
> Then simply run:
> #git commit -a --amend
> #git review

The only "gotcha" here is that you need to maintain the same Change-Id that
was appended to your original commit message (and push it to the same
branch in gerrit, if you specified one originally). Removing or altering
the Change-Id will prevent your patch from updating your existing review.
The rest of your commit message can be freely rewritten.

> Thanks,
>
> Edgar
>
> On 10/20/13 11:26 AM, "Floren Llanos" <florenllanos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm a newbie contributor in Openstack, and I'm newbie using git and
> >gerrit too.
> >
> >I committed a change to gerrit of two files but one of them is not
> >correct and I must to undo the change (only one of this files). I need
> >to remove this file from gerrit and leave only one.
> >
> >I found in http://git-scm.com/book/ that I can use git checkout --
> ><file> to undo the change in my local environment and I've read about
> >git reset too, but I've understand that if this use it's only for
> >stashing files. I don't know how undo the change in gerrit (remote).
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Floren

-Dolph