[openstack-dev] Call for a clear COPYRIGHT-HOLDERS file in all OpenStack projects (and [trove] python-troveclient_0.1.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Oct 19 09:49:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:

> I suggest that we just put Copyright headers back in the source files.
> That will make Debian's licensecheck work fairly automatically. A single
> file that tries to do exactly what debian/copyright would do seems a bit
> odd.

The problem here is that the copyright headers were wrong. They aren't
religiously added to, and sometimes people have tried to "gift" code
to the Foundation by saying the code is copyright the Foundation,
which isn't always true. So, we can't lean on these headers for
accurate statements of copyright.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia