[openstack-dev] [Nova][Glance] Support of v1 and v2 glance APIs in Nova

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Thu Oct 17 18:59:07 UTC 2013

One relevant aspect here is that v2 and v1 for the images api are not
wholly compatible. For example, image properties in v2 can have schema
restrictions placed by a deployer--but v1 will ignore those restrictions.
So if you're using the nova image api passthru, auto-negotiating the api
version could potentially result in undesired changes in the nova images
api.

For this reason it may make sense to use a config option. But I'm not sure
what impact this type of concern should have.