[openstack-dev] [Nova][Glance] Support of v1 and v2 glance APIs in Nova

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 18:00:57 UTC 2013

The following blueprint has been proposed for Nova:

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-glance-v2-api

It proposes a new config option for Nova to allow choosing whether Nova
should use v1 or v2 of the Glance API.  I'd like to know if we can do
this without a config option.

Can Nova just discover which versions and pick one (v2) ?  And if you
don't like the way Nova picks one, a deployer can just only expose one
of the APIs on the API endpoint that Nova uses.

Thoughts?

--
Russell Bryant