[openstack-dev] [Climate] Nova dependencies in Climate

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Oct 14 15:25:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14 2013, Dina Belova wrote:

> That's why we have the following question: do you think it's normal to have
> such dependency there, or it will be better to create separate repo like
> "climate-filters" and put there any filters and their dependencies?
>
> What can you advise?

We do this in Ceilometer because we provide a special notifier for Nova.

You should be aware that if you rely on Nova internals, they change a
lot, and we had a lot of time our gate broken because of such changes
and unit tests not passing anymore.

Having this in a separate repository can makes sure you don't have such
a problem in your whole repository, so that might be a good idea indeed.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker - independent consultant