[openstack-dev] [Hyper-V] Havana status

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 20:50:52 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 02:20 PM, Alessandro Pilotti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As the Havana release date is approaching fast, I'm sending this email
> to sum up the situation for pending bugs and reviews related to the
> Hyper-V integration in OpenStack.
>
> In the past weeks we diligently marked bugs that are related to Havana
> features with the "havana-rc-potential" tag, which at least for what
> Nova is concerned, had absolutely no effect.
> Our code is sitting in the review queue as usual and, not being tagged
> for a release or prioritised, there's no guarantee that anybody will
> take a look at the patches in time for the release. Needless to say,
> this starts to feel like a Kafka novel. :-)
> The goal for us is to make sure that our efforts are directed to the
> main project tree, avoiding the need to focus on a separate fork with
> more advanced features and updated code, even if this means slowing down
> a lot our pace. Due to the limited review bandwidth available in Nova we
> had to postpone to Icehouse blueprints which were already implemented
> for Havana, which is fine, but we definitely cannot leave bug fixes
> behind (even if they are just a small number, like in this case).
>
> Some of those bugs are critical for Hyper-V support in Havana, while the
> related fixes typically consist in small patches with very few line changes.

Does the rant make you feel better?  :-)

With a more general view of nova review performance, our averages are
very good right now and are meeting our goals for review turnaround times:

http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/nova-openreviews.html

--> Total Open Reviews: 230
--> Waiting on Submitter: 105
--> Waiting on Reviewer: 125

--> Stats since the latest revision:
----> Average wait time: 3 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes
----> Median wait time: 1 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes
----> Number waiting more than 7 days: 19

--> Stats since the last revision without -1 or -2 (ignoring jenkins):
----> Average wait time: 5 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes
----> Median wait time: 2 days, 13 hours, 27 minutes

Also note that there are no hyper-v patches that are in the top 5 of any
of the lists of patches waiting the longest.  So, you are certainly not
being singled out here.

Please understand that I only want to help here.  Perhaps a good way for
you to get more review attention is get more karma in the dev community
by helping review other patches.  It looks like you don't really review
anything outside of your own stuff, or patches that touch hyper-v.  In
the absence of significant interest in hyper-v from others, the only way
to get more attention is by increasing your karma.

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:3185+project:openstack/nova,n,z

--
Russell Bryant