[openstack-dev] TC Candidacy

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Wed Oct 9 19:17:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to put my candidacy for a position on the OpenStack Technical
Committee.

I have been involved with OpenStack since before it actually existed
while working on Swift at the Rackspace Cloud.

My experience with OpenSource started in the late 90s while working on
the Linux-Mandrake distribution taking care of to the low-level
components of the distribution and contributing to numerous OpenSource
projects.

My focus in OpenStack has been mainly on Swift and Keystone and
Devstack making sure Swift (acting as a core-dev there) has been well
integrated within OpenStack.

I have been speaking at conferences and meetups on OpenStack around
the world for the last couple of years helping them.

I have written numerous articles on my blog[1] about Swift and
Keystone and OpenStack in general which seems to be pretty popular.

In addition to that I am the lead dev of a large team doing OpenStack
development at my company helping working full-time on various
OpenStack matters

I strongly believe in OpenStack as a whole and I am pretty happy when
we moved over programs recognizing all the work that has been done by
the various people making OpenStack this success.

I want to help the TC with integrating new projects and be more
active when choosing the new projects helping them to get well
integrated with the other OpenStack projects.

I would be honored to be a member of the TC helping on the
technical matters based on the feedback I am getting from the
different people I meet every day talking to them about OpenStack.

Thanks for taking me into consideration.

Chmouel.