[openstack-dev] [savanna] using keystone client

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 02:02:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Jon Maron <jmaron at hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm trying to use the keystone client code in savanna/utils/openstack
> but my attempt to sue it yield:
>
>  'Api v2.0 endpoint not found in service identity'

This sounds like the service catalog for keystone itself either isn't
configured, or isn't configured properly (with /v2.0/ endpoints). What does
your `keystone service-list` and `keystone endpoint-list` look like?

>   An code sample:
>
> from savanna.utils.openstack import keystone
>
> . . .
>       service_id = next((service.id for service in
>                        keystone.client().services.list()
>                        if 'quantum' == service.name), None)

I don't really know what the context of this code is, but be aware that it
requires "admin" access to keystone and is not interacting with a
representation of the catalog that normal users see. It's also not
particularly reliable to identify services by name -- instead, use they're
type (type="network", for quantum I believe), as a deployer could name a
network service as "Quantum" or "Neutron" or "neutron" or "My Awesome
Neutron"... but in any case, the type should still be "network".

>   Thanks for the help!
>
> -- Jon
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE