[openstack-dev] [Heat] question about stack updates, instance groups and wait conditions

Simon Pasquier simon.pasquier at bull.net
Thu Oct 3 14:06:57 UTC 2013

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for replying! I've been out last week hence this late email.

Le 20/09/2013 21:22, Christopher Armstrong a écrit :
> Hello Simon! I've put responses below.
>
> I'm kind of confused about your examples though, because you don't show
> anything that depends on ComputeReady in your template. I guess I can
> imagine some scenarios, but it's not very clear to me how this works.
> It'd be nice to make sure the new autoscaling solution that we're
> working on will support your case in a nice way, but I think we need
> some more information about what you're doing. The only time this would
> have an effect is if there's another resource depending on the
> ComputeReady /that's also being updated at the same time/, because the
> only effect that a dependency has is to wait until it is met before
> performing create, update, or delete operations on other resources. So I
> think it would be nice to understand your use case a little bit more
> before continuing discussion.

I'm not sure I understand which template you're talking about: is it [1]
or [2]?
In both cases, nothing depends on ComputeReady: this is the guard
condition and it is the last resource being created. And since it
depends on the NumberOfComputes or NumberOfWaitConditions parameter, it
gets updated when I update one of these.

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/47142/
[2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/47148/

--
Simon Pasquier