[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Tuskar and releases

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Oct 2 05:20:22 UTC 2013

On 10/01/2013 08:08 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> We'd like to get tuskar projects doing releases sooner rather than
> later. For python-tuskarclient, this is pretty much a no-brainer : we
> just need to start doing it.

Yup. Just do it.

> However, for tuskar-ui and tuskar it's more complex.
>
> # tuskar
>
> This is an API service; whats the story for non-integrated projects
> and releases? Can we do them, or does the release team do them? Does
> it make integration/incubation any harder?

Thus far, non-integrated project can pretty much release however they
want to. Things that would like to get integrated tend to start
following release process and timelines on their own, but nothing
requires it until such a time as the release team takes it over.

> # tuskar-ui
>
> This is a Horizon plugin -
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/tuskar-ui/tree/docs/install.rst#n57
> - so it's not super clear to me how to make releases of it. Should it
> really just be in the Horizon tree?

Oy. No clue. In theory though - can you do independently releasable
django app things? /me clearly has no idea what he's talking about
here... Maybe see how
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/savanna-dashboard/tree/
does it?

 My gut tells me that this either wants to be whatever/however that
works in django, or just wants to live in Horizon. Since it's in service
of the TripleO program, and we