[openstack-dev] [Glance] How to handle "simple" janitorial tasks?

Zhi Yan Liu lzy.dev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 05:08:55 UTC 2013

Hi Koo,

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM, David koo <david.koo at huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     A quick question about simple "janitorial" tasks ...
>
>     I noticed that glance.api.v2.image_data.ImageDataController.upload has two
> identical "except" clauses (circa line 98):
>         except exception.StorageFull as e:
>             msg = _("Image storage media is full: %s") % e
>             LOG.error(msg)
>             raise webob.exc.HTTPRequestEntityTooLarge(explanation=msg,
>                                                       request=req)
>
>         except exception.StorageFull as e:
>             msg = _("Image storage media is full: %s") % e
>             LOG.error(msg)
>             raise webob.exc.HTTPRequestEntityTooLarge(explanation=msg,
>                                                       request=req)
>
>     Obviously one of the "except" clauses can be removed (or am I missing
> something glaringly obvious?) - I shall be happy to do that but should I first
> raise some kind of "bug" or should I directly commit a fix or should I bring up
> such simple janitorial tasks to the mailing list here on a case-by-case basis
> for discussion first?

eagle-eyed man, I think it's a defect. I prefer you file a bug report
first then to prepare patch. (and put the bug id into the commit
message)

Actually reviewers can give you some valuable message when they look
your patch, and you can discussing them in team room within IRC if you
needed. ML is a good place but it has some delay than IRC, I think
simple questions can be talked in Gerrit or IRC directly but IMO ML is
better for complicated topic or you want to get more feedback cross
different project. And if you consider those topic which has epic
effect change you can involve etherpad or wiki also.

zhiyan