[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Marconi][Oslo] Discoverable home document for APIs (Was: Re: [Nova][Glance] Support of v1 and v2 glance APIs in Nova)

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Nov 28 10:36:58 UTC 2013

On 26/11/13 10:57 -0600, Dolph Mathews wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Flavio Percoco <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:
>    As crazy as it sounds, have you guys considered migrating to
>    Nottingham's approach?
>

>It only sounds crazy because I have no idea how to "migrate" an unversioned
>endpoint :) Skimming through his proposal, it looks like it might actually be
>compatible with ours to include side by side? If so, we could support both for
>a couple releases before moving on.

This would be awesome. We'll still have to write a python library for
it but that's something we could do as part of Marconi's client
development and then move it to its own repo - or oslo - once it's
ready.

>Does this proposal have much traction outside the OpenStack community? (and how
>much traction does it have within the community already?)

It does. I don't have the exact numbers of users but I know for sure
the work there is moving forward. A new version will be released soon,
AFAIU.

Cheers,
FF

--