[openstack-dev] Fw: [Neutron][IPv6] Meeting logs from the first IRC meeting

Collins, Sean (Contractor) Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Tue Nov 26 21:42:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 06:07:07PM +0800, Da Zhao Y Yu wrote:
> Sean, what about your progress? I saw your code change jekins still in
> failed status.

Hi,

I've been busy tracking down the IPv6 issue in our lab environment -
we were using the Hybrid OVS driver in our Nova.conf and that was
breaking IPv6 - so we changed over to the Generic VIF driver,
only to hit the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1252620
where the Security Group API doesn't work.

Which leaves you with the following choices:

A) Working V6 with the Generic VIF driver, but no Security Groups
B) Working Security Groups but no V6, with the hybrid VIF driver.

I'm going to try and see if I can make some of the patches against the
hybrid driver work and get V6 working.

--
Sean M. Collins