[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Zhongyue Luo zhongyue.nah at intel.com
Mon Nov 25 01:34:48 UTC 2013

Just a thought but couldn't the changes of a module update be calculated by
comparing the last commit dates of the source and target module?

For instance, if module A's update patch for Nova was uploaded on date XX
then we can filter out the changes from XX~present and print it out for the
author to paste in the commit message when running update.py for module A.

This way we might not need any changes to the openstack-modules.conf?

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
> wrote:

> Thanks for the reminder, Sandy.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1254300
>

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com>wrote:
>
>> Seeing this thread reminded me:
>>
>> We need support in the update script for entry points in olso setup.cfg
>> to make their way into the target project.
>>
>> So, if update is getting some love, please keep that in mind.

*Intel SSG/STO/DCST/CIT*
880 Zixing Road, Zizhu Science Park, Minhang District, 200241, Shanghai,
China
+862161166500