[openstack-dev] [Nova] Mission Statement

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Nov 24 18:05:35 UTC 2013

On 11/18/2013 09:26 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 11/18/2013 09:10 PM, Stuart Fox wrote:
>> Hey *
>>
>> Does ironic fall under the Compute banner? If so, the statement needs a
>> little tweek.
>
> No.
>
>> On 2013-11-18 5:55 PM, "Russell Bryant" <rbryant at redhat.com
>> <mailto:rbryant at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     [1]
>>     http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/programs.yaml
>

> There is a separate bare metal program:

Right - but the end user still interacts with that via nova - so even if
nova doesn't do the pxe/impi calls, Ironic will still have a nova driver.

I bring this up because it seems to me that you should either remove the
list of examples of compute resources, or change "including" to be
"including but not limited to"