[openstack-dev] [Solum] Working group on language packs

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sat Nov 23 02:51:32 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 11:34 AM, Clayton Coleman wrote:
> I have updated the language pack (name subject to change) blueprint
> with the outcomes from the face2face meetings, and drafted a
> specification that captures the discussion so far.  The spec is
> centered around the core idea of transitioning base images into
> deployable images (that can be stored in Nova and sent to Glance).
> These are *DRAFT* and are intended for public debate.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/solum/+spec/lang-pack
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Solum/FeatureBlueprints/BuildingSourceIntoDeploymentArtifacts
>
>  Please take this opportunity to review these documents and offer
> criticism and critique via the ML - I will schedule a follow up deep
> dive for those who expressed interest in participation [1] after US
> Thanksgiving.

Hi!

I'd strongly suggest looking at the diskimage-builder project that's
part of the TripleO program. Someone has already done a POC of turning
it in to an aaS, and there are already people working on tying
diskimage-builder elements and heat templates. Given that OpenStack has
prior art and work in this direction, you should be able to accelerate
getting to your goals pretty quickly.