[openstack-dev] [All] [Climate]Where should we define Exceptions ?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Nov 22 08:58:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22 2013, Sylvain Bauza wrote:

> Declaring Exceptions in Openstack projects is quite straightforward and
> identical for most of the projects : all of them are defined in a global
> exception.py module called each time a specific exception must be handled.

No. Ceilometer doesn't have any exception.py module for example, we
don't plan to add one.

Oslo had one and we deprecated it and have it removed from every
project.

Having a global exception file is bad idea most of the time, as it
doesn't help to see what the exception relates to.

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker * independent consultant