[openstack-dev] [keystone][py3] Usage of httpretty

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Wed Nov 20 22:27:49 UTC 2013

Chuck,

The reason to use httpretty is that it handles everything at the
socket layer, this means if we change out urllib for requests or some
other transport to make HTTP requests to we don't need to refactor
every one of the mock/mox subouts to match the exact set of parameters
to be passed.  Httpretty makes managing this significantly easier
(hence was the reasoning to move towards it).  Though, I'm sure Jamie
Lennox can provide more insight into deeper specifics as he did most
of the work to convert it.

At least the above is my understanding of the reasoning.

--Morgan