[openstack-dev] Introducing myself - looking for a IPv6 topology

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 00:57:52 UTC 2013

Hello Stackers!

I'm Thiago and I'm here on dev list mostly to watch you guys...

Nevertheless, I want to say that I would love to test in deep, the IPv6
support in OpenStack IceHouse.

At at glance, what I'm looking for is more or less specified here, as
follows:

---
I have 1 native IPv6 /48 block and I would like to provide 1 (or more) IPv6
/64 subnet for each tenant (automatically configured when tenant requests a
subnet, tenant does not need to type the IPv6 network address, it will
never overlap).

** I have no plans to support or test NAT66 **

I'm planning to use a dual-stack topology that is described in details here:

http://www.nephos6.com/pdf/OpenStack-on-IPv6.pdf

http://www.nephos6.com/

Also, I would like to give, for example, a range of IPv6 address for each
Instance, instead of just only 1 fixed IPv6 address (based on Instance's
Mac Address / EUI-64) plus a few temporary address, but instead, I would
like to provide ~1000 IPv6 address for each Instance (i.e. DHCPv6 with
"range 2001:db8:1:1::1 2001:db8:1:1::1000" (or 2001:db8:1:1::1-1000). Of
course, assuming that IceHouse have native IPv6 support for IPv6 in first
place...

Desired: Dashboard should focus on DNSaaS, instead of IPs, when listing the
"Instances".

OBS: I really want to achieve a NAT-Less OpenStack Cloud, powered by
IPv6... I know I still need IPv4 (for metadata for example) but, IPv6 is
the way to go, I believe that OpenStack have a great future with IPv6!
---

Best!
Thiago