[openstack-dev] [Nova] Icehouse roadmap status

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Nov 19 21:45:11 UTC 2013

Greetings,

We've made a lot of progress on reviewing blueprints over the last week
and have the icehouse-1 [1] list in reasonable shape.  Note that
icehouse-1 development must be completed two weeks from today, and that
time frame includes a major holiday in the US.  Please adjust plans and
expectations accordingly.

Here are the goals we need to be aiming for over this next week:

1) File blueprints!  We talked about a *lot* of stuff in the design
summit that is still not reflected in blueprints.  Please get those
blueprints filed and targerted to the appropriate icehouse milestone ASAP!

2) nova-core reviewers should consider committing to reviewing
blueprints they care most about.  That will give us a better picture of
which blueprints are most likely to get reviewed in time to be merged.

The process here is to just add a note to the blueprint whiteboard
indicating yourself as a review sponsor.  For example:

    "nova-core sponsors: russellb, alaski"

Once a blueprint has at least two sponsors, its priority can be raised
above Low.

3) nova-drivers: We need to keep up the pace on blueprint reviews.
There's still a lot to review in the overall icehouse list [2].  It's a
lot of work right now, early in the cycle while there's a lot of
planning going on.  It will start to taper off in coming weeks.

Thanks everyone!

[1] https://launchpad.net/nova/+milestone/icehouse-1
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/icehouse

--