[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Glance] OSLO update

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:24:10 UTC 2013

Random OSLO updates with no list of what changed, what got fixed etc
are unlikely to get review attention - doing such a review is
extremely difficult. I was -2ing them and asking for more info, but
they keep popping up. I'm really not sure what the best way of
updating from OSLO is, but this isn't it.

As an example, the DB pull modifies 1134 lines of code. I see no
evidence that the submitter has gone through the ramifications of each
line of changed code .v. the rest of the cinder code base, which is
what a reviewer needs to do. Just because it changed in OSLO doesn't
necessarily mean it will drop straight into cinder.

On 14 November 2013 12:21, Elena Ezhova <eezhova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have made several patches that update modules in cinder/openstack/common
> from oslo which have not been reviewed for more than a month already. My
> colleague has the same problem with her patches in Glance.
>
> Probably it's not a top priority issue, but if oslo is not updated
> periodically in small bits it may become a problem in the future. What's
> more, it is much easier for a developer if oslo code is consistent in all
> projects.
>
> So, I would be grateful if someone reviewed these patches:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48272/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48273/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52099/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52101/