[openstack-dev] [nova][api] Is this a potential issue

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Fri Nov 15 15:30:06 UTC 2013

> You're not missing anything.  But I think that's a bug, or at least an
> unexpected change in behaviour from how it used to work.  If you follow
> instance_update() in nova.db.sqlalchemy.api just the presence of
> expected_task_state triggers the check.  So we may need to find a way to
> pass that through with the save method.

This came up recently. We decided that since we no longer have a kwargs
dictionary to test for the presence or absence of that flag, that we
would require setting it to a tuple, which is already supported for
allowing multiple state possibilities. So, if you pass
expected_task_state=(None,) then it will do the right thing.

Make sense?

--Dan