[openstack-dev] [Oslo] [Climate] Oslo Policy and the best way for using it ?

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at bull.net
Fri Nov 15 10:17:03 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement policy rules for Climate API, making sure some
endpoints need admin rights, and looked at how it's managed on other
Openstack projects like Nova.
There is huge discrepancy in between openstack.common.policy files from
Nova and Cinder and the latest Oslo-incubator trunk, with now class
objects for Enforcer and Check.

While I think I'm getting a good overall understand of what it does with
the latest trunk, I'm still stuck understanding how I can achieve my
needs. Ideally, I would create a Climate interface for policies (let's
call it climate/policy.py) with __init__, enforce and check_is_admin
methods but while I think the Enforcer class would match the need for
enforcing, I can't get the idea of Check classes and subclasses.

Any help from Oslo mainteners ? Any doc in there ?

Cheers,
-Sylvain