[openstack-dev] Split of the openstack-dev list

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Fri Nov 15 09:46:37 UTC 2013

Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza at bull.net> wrote on 15/11/2013 11:13:37 AM:

> On a technical note, as a Stackforge contributor, I'm trying to
> implement best practices of Openstack coding into my own project, and
> I'm facing day-to-day issues trying to understand what Oslo libs do or
> how they can be used in a fashion manner. Should I want to ask question
> to the community, I would have to cross-post to both lists.

+1

To generalize a bit, there are many stackforge projects which are tightly
related to more mature OpenStack projects, and restricting the discussion
to a subset of the audience might not be a good idea. For example,
TaskFlow versus Mistral versus Heat, Solum versus Heat, Manila versus
Cinder, Designate versus Neutron, and I am sure there are (and surely will
be) other examples.
IMO, proper tagging could be a better solution.

Regards,
Alex