[openstack-dev] Split of the openstack-dev list

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Nov 15 00:32:36 UTC 2013

On 15/11/13 02:40, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info
> <mailto:julien at danjou.info>> wrote:
>
>     > Other suggestion: we could stop posting meeting reminders to -dev (I
>     > know, I'm guilty of it) and only post something if the meeting time
>     > changes, or if the weekly meeting is canceled for whatever reason.
>
>     Good suggestion.
>

> Or this can be moved to the announcement list?

It's my impression that the announce list has a different purpose than
such mundane things as weekly meeting reminders :)

"Announces about OpenStack new releases, stable releases and security
advisories"

I'd think that based on the description (and in some sense how we've
communicated it) that list would be quite low traffic - like 1-2
messages per month.

However, do  you think an devel-announce or meeting-announce list would
be valuable?

Regards,

Tom