[openstack-dev] [keystone] External authentication

Álvaro López García alvaro.lopez.garcia at cern.ch
Thu Nov 14 15:52:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

During the review of [1] I had a look at the tests that are related
with external authentication (i.e. the usage of REMOTE_USER) in
Keystone and I realised that there is a bunch of them that are setting
"external" as one of the authentication methods. However, in
keystone.auth.controllers there is an explicit call to the "external"
methods whenever REMOTE_USER is set [2].

Should we call the external authentication only when "external" is set
(i.e. in [3]) regardless of the REMOTE_USER presence in the context?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50362/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/auth/controllers.py#L335
[3] https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/auth/controllers.py#L342
Álvaro López García                              aloga at ifca.unican.es
Instituto de Física de Cantabria         http://alvarolopez.github.io
Ed. Juan Jordá, Campus UC                      tel: (+34) 942 200 969
Avda. de los Castros s/n
39005 Santander (SPAIN)