[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - Vendor specific erros

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Thu Nov 14 11:15:16 UTC 2013

In general, an error state make sense.
I think you might want to send more details about how this state plugs into
the load balancer state machine, but I reckon it is a generally
non-recoverable state which could be reached by any other state; in that
case it would be a generic enough case which might be supported by all
drivers.

It is good to point out that driver-specific state transitions however, in
my opinion, are to avoid; application using the Neutron API will become
non-portable, or at least users of the Neutron API would need to be aware
that an entity might have a different state machine from driver to driver,
which I reckon would be bad enough for a developer to decide to switch over
to Cloudstack or AWS APIs!

Salvatore

PS: On the last point I am obviously joking, but not so much.