[openstack-dev] Using custom IPAM with OpenStack

Lari Partanen lari.partanen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 03:22:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

our company is using an IPAM solution that we would like to integrate with OpenStack. The idea would be that when instances request IP addresses they would get a free IP address from our IPAM which would be then allocated to them and when instances are deleted the IP addresses are released from the IPAM.

I've gone through the source code but I'm having hard time figuring out how should I proceed with the integration. I would be grateful on information about what methods I should be looking for in the source code and how to extend them properly.

Thanks!