[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack] Allocate trove tablespace to users

Daniel Salinas imsplitbit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 22:44:17 UTC 2013

Sorry forgot to reply to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Salinas <imsplitbit at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Allocate trove tablespace to users
To: Krishanu Dhar <rony.kris at gmail.com>

Hopefully Denis' reply to your other email clears things up a little but if
not I'll try to do that here.  Trove is not a data service but rather a
database provisioning and maintenance service.  It will currently deploy
mysql on top of nova compute nodes and manage it.  Your users, if given
proper privileges, can access the trove api with their keystone auth token
and create a database server for their application to use.  Once trove is
done doing it's thing they should have a compute instance with mysql up and
running for them and then they can feel free to use that mysql server with
their access credentials.