[openstack-dev] [qa] Policy on spelling and grammar

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 20:54:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:

> Related to the v3 Nova API - I would also like to see a wiki page that
> outlines our preferred wording and spelling so that reviewers have a "final
> say" wiki page to refer to. For example, I heard we want to move towards
> "servers" rather than "instances" for the API, but I'd need that written
> down somewhere to be sure I'm recalling it correctly. Does anyone have
> interest on these lists? If not I'll ask a docs person to start one.

Anne, along those lines I have a glossary started for OpenStackClient
use[1] of these object names.  I elected to not always follow the REST API
names (servers vs instances is a great example) in an effort to make sense
from a user perspective.

While nice, I don't see a requirement that these agree, but this may be a
useful starting point for your list.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackClient/Commands#Objects

dt

--