[openstack-dev] [Solum] Command Line Interface for Solum

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 20:49:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman at redhat.com>wrote:

> I know in the session a "generic" API client lib was mentioned, is that in
> a branch somewhere to highlight the things that were common across a lot of
> API libs?  Or knowing your opinion of the "best" client to copy.  :)

There is no best client to copy right now.  Once Jamie's auth bits are
complete we will be in a position to describe a good reference pattern for
building library APIs.  Until then, about all I can say is to plan on
accepting an auth object and a requests.Session-like object when creating
your client, plus the bits specific to what you are implementing.  Please
don't just copy what novaclient.client.HTTPClient() does, or any of it's
derivatives.  Or rather, if you must, plan for those interfaces to change
(simplify) soon after.

dt

--

Dean Troyer