[openstack-dev] Horizon PTL candidacy

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Mon Nov 11 19:14:45 UTC 2013

We all agree on the benefits of an event-driven "push" system, but the basis for this already exists in OpenStack. The RPC notification code exists in Oslo and most of the IaaS projects are using it now. There were (should have been?) conversations about how to leverage this data stream in the Horizon sessions in Hong Kong.

As I understood it, Marconi has a completely different goal (queuing service a la SQS) which operates as a "building block" service for user applications, not as a publication channel for the core OpenStack infrastructure.

Anyhow, we agree on the goal and have plans for how to do it already; Marconi ought to be an orthogonal concern when it's ready for graduation.

My two cents,

     - Gabriel