[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack] [TROVE] - Difference between Backup and Snapshot

Giuseppe Galeota giuseppegaleota at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 09:16:00 UTC 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Morris <daniel.morris at rackspace.com>
Date: 2013/11/7
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [TROVE] - Difference between Backup and Snapshot
To: Giuseppe Galeota <giuseppegaleota at gmail.com>

  Giuseppe,

 I recommend sending these questions on to the openstack-dev list.  This
may be why you are not seeing responses.   Someone from the Trove team
should jump in on that list give you a run down, and if not, I will do my
best to explain.  Per your first question, I believe it to be just a
terminology mismatch.  The system does backups and currently is implemented
using mysqldump and percona xtrabackup.  It is conceivable that someone
could create a backup type that does an actual volume snapshot, but that
capability has not been written yet.

 Thanks,
Daniel