[openstack-dev] RFC: reverse the default Gerrit sort order

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Nov 10 21:06:28 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 06:36 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> I've been thinking about review queues recently (since here at the
> summit everyone is talking about reviews! :)).
>
> One thing that struck me today was that Gerrit makes it easier to
> review the newest changes first, rather than the changes that have
> been in the queue longest, or the changes that started going through
> the review process first.
>
> So... is it possible to change the default sort order for Gerrit? How
> hard is it to do - could we do an experiment on that and see if it
> nudges the dial for reviewstats (just make the change, not ask anyone
> to change their behaviour)?
>
> As for what sort order to choose, I'd be happy just getting data on a
> different default sort order - it seems like the easiest thing would
> be to reverse the current order, vs doing something more
> sophisticated.
>
> If folk are about to jump up and say 'hey, reviewday' or 'hey
> next-review' : I specifically want to see what the effect on changing
> the Gerrit web UI is, because my sense is that that is the default
> place folk do reviews, and I want to change the default-experience
> folk have, not the optional experience folk can opt into.

Not possible now. With gerrit 2.8 (hopefully something we can get
deployed soonish) we introduce the Custom Dashboards feature. The
"Important Changes" page will be implemented using that, which means we
should be able to play with things like you suggest above.

That said:

https://review.openstack.org/#/mine/important/

Shows me old changes at the top of the reviewable section. Do you use
that view at all?